10 Reasons Centra Falls is Perfect for Multi-generational Families
Multi-generational families are families with more than one generation of adults living under one roof. Recently, multigenerational living has been identified as a steadily growing housing trend. The number of American multi-generational homes has doubled since 1980.
According to the Pew Research Center, as of 2012, more than 57 million Americans lived in multi-generational households. That number is expected to grow as younger adults (“boomerang kids”) and young families move back home.
Traditionally a category dominated by older adults, young adults (ages 25 – 34) have surpassed older adults as the driver of growth in multi-generational family homes. Many factors including the Great Recession and its impact on the ability for younger adults to find high paying jobs, high student debt, declining wages among the less educated, and rising rent costs have made moving back in with the parents (and sometimes sharing mortgages and expenses) more attractive.
Centra Falls has three floorplans designed to meet the needs of multi-generational families: Cosmo, Sky and Pearl.
Top Ten Reasons Centra Falls is Perfect for Multi-generational Families
- The 3-story Cosmo, Sky and Pearl models are laid out with flex spaces capable of transforming into “private-apartment-like” spaces for boomerang kids or elderly parents.
- Optional elevators available in the Pearl and Sky models increase accessibility for older adults or the disabled – and privacy for all.
- Convenient, optional guest kitchenettes are available in the Cosmo, Sky and Pearl models, reducing late-night and early morning noise and disturbances.
- 2-car garages plus 2-car paver driveway = space for 4 cars.
- The Pearl model’s first floor optional 4th bedroom and open layout creates an easily accessible apartment for older adults – or more privacy for younger adults to come and go.
- The Sky’s 3rd floor “Sky space” can accommodate 1 or 2 more bedrooms – plus a family room – making it perfect for younger families or aging parents.
- Moving into a brand new, luxury, low-maintenance townhome in Centra Falls, already configured for multi-generational living, is easier than remodeling or putting an edition on an older home.
- Close proximity to Memorial Hospital West, Memorial Manor, medical office buildings, Walter C. Young Resource Center, libraries, restaurants, shopping and Grand Palms, Pembroke Lakes and Century Village golf courses makes Centra Falls a convenient location for older adults.
- A-rated neighborhood public schools and nearby parks and recreation facilities like CB Smith Park, Flamingo Park, Pines Ice Arena, proximity to shopping, entertainment and major highways – plus a community swimming pool, park and fitness center, makes Centra Falls a great place for younger families.
- EVERY GENERATION will love being a short walk to Starbucks® and The Fresh Market!